02 September 2013

Summer Reflection

Even though yesterday was the first day of September, today is the real last day of summer because it's Labor Day! I thought I would reflect on this summer, and everything that has happened. I feel like this summer I grew, and my relationships with some high school friends also deepened. 


1// Working in an office is much different than working at school. I had to prioritize in a different way. Also, I learned that I enjoy being busy. Sitting is not one of my strong suits.

2// Even though friends are miles away, and communicating is never easy some people will always understand you and your relationships. MB and I have an abnormal relationship because we have been long distance all of our relationship. Having good friends such as KG and SB who understand that is a blessing. This summer I grew close to SB and even closer to KG. I don't think I say it enough, but these wonderful ladies are the reason that I am still confident in myself and my dreams. I can't wait to see where they end up, and I only hope I am along for the entire ride!

3// Life is short, you have to let go. I wrote a post about letting go, and I was finally able to do so. I can't wait to see who else is going to be in my life, and how they are going to influence me, motivate me, and help me. I also can't wait to see who I am going to help, motivate and influence.

4// I can do pretty much anything I want to if I set my mind to it. I have never been crafty, but I did an entire post on how to make something for your dorm. I've also never considered myself a journalist, but I will be writing for The Smart Girls Group Loop current affairs. I can do what ever I put my mind to. (Thankfully I won't be putting my mind to anything that require hand-eye coordination).

5// No matter what, family is going to be there for you. It might not be blood, though I am completely blessed with family that is "blood", I am also blessed with people who aren't "blood' that I consider my  family. I realized that the past year has been difficult, but I have added more people to my family, and I am very blessed.

Adios Summer. 

What have you learned this summer? How did you grow this summer? 

xoxo
aVe

PS I know this post is me just feeling blessed, but I am!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment