02 April 2013

Purple and Pearls in Europe! Part 1

In case you hadn't noticed, I was abroad in Germany with MB visiting my German "family"!
I feel like there is so much I want to share with you: what I packed, why I should have brought a carry-on, what I thankfully brought with me on the plane, and last but not least why I had such a great time in Western Germany!

I am going to start with why I was in Germany. 

It all began in the 80's, when my aunt decided to do a three month exchange with a girl from Germany. Long story short, that German girl is now a part of my family!
It is incredible to think that the friendship between my aunt and her friend has impacted not only them but their children, nieces and nephews.

MB and I had our own personal tour guides, my German cousins! We were lucky enough to experience what it was like to be our age in Germany, kind of! We were only there for 6 days, so they had to squeeze a lot into a little amount of time.
MB and I saw a castle, the Rhine Valley, Frankfurt, Essen and Dusseldorf. We also visited some awesome industrial museums, went down into an actual coal mine and even saw the Big Air Package .
My personal favorite however was visiting the Haribo outlet, MB's suitcase almost doubled in weight from the amount of candy we bought.

I had a wonderful spring break, and I couldn't thank my German family enough for all of their hospitality!


xoxo
AV
P.S. Pictures to come shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment