11 September 2013

Today in United States History


Instead of a post about my binders, I am honoring 9/11 and this great country. 

"Where were you when the world stopped turning, that September day?" -Alan Jackson

I was a 2nd grader on 9-11-01. That morning my class had our time in the library. I remember seeing the news coverage on a television they kept on in the back room. I don't remember how I felt, but the image of the tours is engraved on my brain. 
Since then we have been through a lot as a country, such as the war on terror, the extreme polarization of our political system and political scandals. No matter the bad press that the United States receives, or the views of extremists around the world, I am proud to be an American. I believe in our justice system, our legal system, and our executive branch. I believe that our way of life is good, not better than others, but good. We are all blessed to live here, no matter our social status. Situations are bad, and there will always be exceptions. I believe eventually our system rights wrongs. 

Don't forget those who died on 9/11, those who have or are defending our country, and everyone affected. 

God Bless America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment