1. Sometimes I miss my family. Little things like breakfast, or saying goodnight. But I'm so blessed to have this opportunity. I keep reminding myself of this and it's getting better.
2. Hearing that my friends and family miss me just as much as I miss them has been great. Thank you so much to all of my family and friends who have texted and emailed me.
3. The eating schedule here is so different from mine at home. I normally have a big breakfast, small lunch, and a medium sized dinner with snacks in between. Here? It's a small breakfast, lunch at 2pm and dinner at 9pm with no snacks. To say I'm hungry is an understatement. I heard it gets better, I can only hope!
4. The way they communicate here is very different. They use data to text on Whatsapp instead of using actual texts. I bought minutes and texts, and now I wish I would have bought data.
5. I'm a lot more confident in myself then I was a couple weeks ago. I have wandered around all by myself, bought a special metro card and bought myself dinner and drinks.
6. I still have jet lag. I haven't been able to fall sleep until 12 or 1 in the morning.
7. I am loving all of the walking and exploring I've been doing. It's definitely helping me feel more comfortable. Saturday night I was walking around the city and trying to break in my new Sperry's. However I got lost, and now my feet are raw. Thank goodness I know how to say bandage in spanish.
8. My spanish is getting better everyday, but it still isn't very good. I'm reading spanish newspapers and making lists of words I don't know that I'll turn into flash cards. I'll do a post later on how I embraced the language.
9. I'm getting really excited about classes starting on Monday! I enjoy school, and am excited for a routine!
Here are some pictures you might enjoy from my exploring so far!
Riverside near my university
The river in Plentzia, which is a town near the suburb I live in.
The first church in Plentzia
Riverside near my apartment!