21 January 2015

2015 Goals: Volunteering

This is the first one of my goals posts for 2015! I wanted to start with my volunteering goal of 100 hours because it's probably my loftiest goal. Here are some of the places I will be looking to volunteer!



Greek Life// This may not seem like a common place, but there are more than just social fraternities. There are also charitable fraternities whose main goal is volunteering. I plan on volunteering as much as I can with my sisters in order to help reach my goal!

Habitat for Humanity// This is a great resource if you like to travel and volunteer. A lot of campuses have their own clubs that fundraise to go to different parts of the country and even the world to build houses. A lot of clubs also help build in their own towns and states.

Performing Arts Centers// This may be surprising, but theaters are great places to volunteer. You might be able to watch shows for free, but most importantly you help keep costs low so everyone can enjoy the arts.

Local Soup Kitchen// This is pretty self explanatory, but it's a great way to give back! They normally have a regular hours, so it's an easy way to give back weekly.

Shelters// This could be a battered women shelter or an animal shelter. Sometimes you need special training, but it's a great way to give back.

Church// If you go to church, see if you can't volunteer in the office or with the youth group. It can be really rewarding!

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone"
-Ronal Reagan 


Where do you volunteer? What's your favorite part about volunteering?

No comments:

Post a Comment