I decided to start running this summer because I didn't want to drive all the way over to campus just to work out or pay for another gym. I thought I would hate it, but I've actually started to love it. Here are some of my running essentials and tips.
1. Tennis Shoes: I love these because they're so fun!
2. Nike Run App + Armband: My hands get sweaty and swollen when I run, so I like having the armband to hold my phone! This app tracks your runs, and lets you know how far or long you've run without having to look at your phone!
3. Headband: In order to keep the sweat off my face, I wear this cute headband that basically matches everything!
4. Workout Gear: Right now my favorite places to go are Marshalls, Old Navy and Kohls! Buy the shorts, top and bra here!
5. Playlist: I have a great playlist, but believe that running playlists are personal because some songs may motivate you more than others!
1.When you start running it's going to be difficult. Run intervals instead of trying to run as fast as you can.
2. Listen to your body. Don't force yourself to run more than you feel up to, but that also means if you feel like you can push it you should!
3. Hydrate! Drink plenty of water before and after your run!
4. Warm up and cool down for each run. Take the time to stretch as well. It will help your muscles stay relaxed and not cramp up!
5. Remember this is good for your body, and don't run just because you think you have to.
Do you like to run? What are some of your favorite songs to run to?