31 December 2013

The Year of Normal: 2013


Is there any such thing as a normal year? Well this year I developed a new normal for myself. 2012 was a year of intense and sometimes sudden change for me. In 2012 I lost a lot of people who were my "normals" and I learned some tough lessons. This year I found a lot of large pieces of myself. I found new "normals" at university and which of my friends from home I could count on. I started a long-distance relationship that challenges me in the best ways possible everyday. I really started to find my sense of style, and pushed myself to new heights. This past year I realized how blessed I am, and how much I want to give back.

Thank you for following me (most of my year) and here a recap of the best moments of 2013!



Chicago with MB and our friends in January

Started Purple & Pearls in February


Traveled to Germany with MB to visit family in March


Almost every weekend in April was spent with my sisters! Also KG came up for my formal and we had a blast.


In May I said good-bye to my friends at college, and spent time with MB before our crazy summers started. Here we are at the semi-annual debate family dinner!



June brought 19, and the start of my first internship! The highlight was probably seeing Imagine Dragons with MB and some of my girlfriends at Summerfest.



I traveled quite a bit in July. First to Northern WI on an interesting road trip with KG and AD to meet MB at a watermark for the weekend. Second was a long road trip out to the West Coast (Canon Beach) and Seattle. It was so much fun! I love to travel to new places, even places I got to often. 

August was the end of my internship and summer. I ended the summer with a road trip down to Des Moines to visit MB with AD and BG. (There are no flattering photos from this month)


September meant the beginning of my sophomore year, and I took off running. The highlights from this month were visiting MB again and Zeta Omega Tau's 25th Anniversary!

October was just plain crazy. I saw MB and then drove to MN from my twin cousins confirmation!


November brought MB's formal and Thanksgiving! It was so much fun, and I loved catching up with high school friends over our short break. 






December has been great. Finals, Christmas, celebrating one year with MB and catching up with family and friends has made it a busy month. But I can't wait to see where it goes




"There are years that ask questions, and there are years that answer"



Happy New Year from mine to you and yours! Check in tomorrow with a cup of coffee to read about my new year's resolutions, hopefully you'll find inspiration for your own!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope your 2014 is just as good, Happy New Year! :)

    daughterofasonofasailor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you to!

      Delete
  2. nice pics thanks
    http://www.engazz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!!! xo

    ReplyDelete