01 January 2014

New Year: New Goals

To start this post off on a positive note, this is the first year I have had my New Year resolutions done before 11pm on Dec. 31st. 


via Pinterest

I took real time deciding on goals for myself. Last year I fulfilled a couple of goals: losing weight, gaining more professional experience, and working on relationships close to me. This year I have a couple more goals and a way to stick to them. 
First I'll outline my goals. 


{one} Eat healthier and Work out. I don't want to do this to "look good" but because I feel more like myself. I am awake, cheerful and I have more energy. Last year I burnt out in April, but this year I hope to be in good shape to travel to Spain so I want to make it to August. 

{two} Live in the Moment. I tend to over focus on the future. I've blogged about this before, but I want to enjoy being in college! With only four semesters left I want to make the most out of my college experience. This will be especially important while I study abroad! It's a once in a lifetime experience that I don't want to waste. 

{three} Work on Blogging Skills. I love how much this blog pushes me! I want to do the best I can with it, so I have some mini-goals. First, create and stick to editorial calendars. Second, interact with other bloggers in order to keep creativity alive. Third, learn to do much more with my photos and photoshop. I want to deliver the best content possible to my readers!

{four} Give 100%. I am involved in a lot of things that I am passionate about, and I want to start giving 100% to each. Through writing down all of my ideas when I have them, seeing them through, and setting aside time for each activity to work and communicate I plan on giving these organizations my all. 

These four goals may seem like a lot, but I believe there is always room for improvement! Here's my plan for achieving my goals! 

{one} Stay organized and on top of things. This means writing things down, sticking to timetables and completing todo lists. Also, planning ahead and completing tasks/assignments ahead of time. 

{two} Check in with myself (and you) monthly. I have specific days that I have put down to reflect on my progress and habits. Hopefully y'all will keep me honest!


What are your goals? Did you gain any inspiration from my goals? If you're a blogger please comment with a link to your resolutions!

I hope you had a fabulous New Year's Eve and a wonderful 2014!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love your resolutions, I want to get better with photos and photoshop too...one of my goals this year is to invest in a DSLR camera and learn how to use it. Can't wait to see all your posts in the new year! :)

    daughterofasonofasailor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for photoshop classes try linda.com! You can try it for free for one week!

      Delete