15 August 2014

PR Friday: All Work, No Pay: Finding an Internship, Building Your Resume, Making Connections, and Gaining Job Experience

TGIF! I'm back with a great read for those of you in college or about to be in college. A couple of weeks ago I reviewed Lauren Berger's book  Welcome to the Real World: Finding Your Place, Perfecting Your Work, and Turning Your Job into Your Dream Career  here, but this is really the book that I should have read first.



 All Work, No Pay: Finding an Internship Building Your Resume, Making Connections, and Gaining Job Experience  is a great read. Just like before, Lauren gives great insight on how to start with your internship search. Now before you think she's just any person giving advice, this woman had 15 internships in college. She's got some real experience to back up her advice.

Once again I loved that Lauren broke down essential tips for you in each chapter. The book is basically step-by-step so you are able to read a chapter and then start your search without having to finish the whole book right away. Some how-to books make you wait and then I get confused.

I also really enjoyed the examples that she gave in the book, and that she included "copies" of some important documents that you should make. I can be a very visual learner and this was great for me to set up my own system based off of hers.

The best part about this book is the networking advice. Networking can be a very delicate task, and I'm always nervous that I will mess something up. Lauren gives great advice and even examples on types of messages to send, which I found very helpful.

If you are just starting out, or a seasoned intern veteran you will still probably learn something from Lauren, because I did.

 All Work, No Pay: Finding an Internship Building Your Resume, Making Connections, and Gaining Job Experience

Read her book and let me know what you think! Comment below or send me an email!

Any book suggestions? I'm look for one more book to review before I leave for Spain!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely have to check that book out! If you're looking for a good travel book I would definitely recommend Mindy Kailing's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me.

    Pick Your Beau

    ReplyDelete