10 October 2014

Travel Tuesday Week 5: Playing Tour Guide & Another Country

This week was great. I went to France, started nannying and got to see my grandparents. I also continue to grow more confident in my spanish skills and navigation skills.


Seeing my grandparents was great, but a little disorganized. I learned that actually finding a restaurant in Bilbao is more difficult than you would think, and I'm glad that I figured this out before my parents come for almost a week.

France was beautiful, we went to experience what the french part of Pais Vasco (Basque Country) was like. The French basques don't have the same cultural heritage as the Spanish basques because of the French policies. I can now add another country to my list, so I've been to four European countries.  I can't wait to add one more at the end of my semester abroad!

I've also had a couple of moments where I can't believe I'm actually in a foreign country, living as a "local". I use the metro at least two times a day, sometimes four or five. I know what candy to buy in the local shops, and what kind of drink I'll order. It's kind of a pinch me moment!

Also getting my fall clothes was great, but the homemade cookies from my mom made my week!

I know this post is late, but I've been a little sick this week and trying to catch up on papers and homework.

Here are some pictures from my trip to France, and my grandparents visit!

The beach in Saint Jean de Luz

French Street



We're so happy to add another country to our list!




We were reflecting on the beauty of the sea. 


xoxo

1 comment: