18 November 2014

Travel Tuesday: Adding Countries to the List

I'm back for another travel Tuesday post! This time I'm recapping the 10 days that my parents came to visit!


I met them in Barcelona the last Friday in October, and we explored the city. They were definitely really jet lagged, but we made reservations to see La Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell for Saturday.



Columbus in the Port of Barcelona
Saturday we did a hop on, hop off bus tour in order to see a lot of Barcelona. It was the perfect, inexpensive way to see the city!

La Sagrada Familia. 

This picture does not do it justice. No matter your religion, Gaudi is talented and has created a masterpiece. 

Parc Güell and my new best friend the lizard.
My amazing parents and I in front of Barcelona. 

That night we got tickets from our hotel's front desk to a flamenco show! It was a blast! 

Sunday my parents and I hung around Las Ramblas, where our hotel was right off of. It's a great place to wander, and I would highly recommend that area if you're looking to stay in Barcelona! 

After that we flew to Bilbao together with one of my friends MW, whose family was also in Europe for the week. My parents and I went out to dinner at the restaurant adjacent to their hotel, and it was delicious. My parents stayed in a hotel on the beach near Algorta which was really nice because I could walk to their hotel! 

My parents and I hung out in Bilbao Monday and Tuesday in between my classes,and Wednesday they went to San Sebastian for the day because I really didn't have any breaks in my classes. After they got back we went out to dinner, and then said good-bye until Friday. 

My parents left Thursday morning for Paris, and did this romantic cruise and dinner. (Apparently I'm not romantic, which is why I was not allowed to attend.)

Friday I joined them in Paris, and as soon as I got in we headed over to the Eiffel Tower. To say the least it was amazing. After the Eiffel Tower we walked on over to the Louvre and then the Notre Dame. We ended our day with a nice dinner at a restaurant near the hotel. 
Don't I come from a great looking couple?

From the top of the Eiffel Tower

Paris at Sunset

The Louvre at Sunset

Notre Dame at night.

Saturday we got up early and headed out to Versailles. We took the metro, and ended up taking a guided tour of the Dauphin's apartments, and that was great! We walked around the official apartments afterwards then headed back in to Paris in order to see the Arc de Triumph. It was amazing to say the least. 


Walking into Versailles

The Hall of Mirrors


Our hotel was right in between the Arc de Triumph and the Eiffel Tower. It was an amazing, and we were able to walk around quite a bit. We napped for a bit before dinner then went to this amazing Italian family restaurant called Orzio. I would highly recommend it. 

My dad and I 

Arc de Triumph



Sunday morning I said  goodbye and made my way back to Bilbao. As of today, I have one month left in Bilbao, and 34 days until I go home. I can't believe that this is going by so quickly. 


 This past weekend I was in Bilbao, and also for the next two. We have a long weekend where MH, MW and I are headed to Berlin. We've already booked a flat and are looking forward to exploring the city! After Berlin I have 3 days of class left, then one last weekend with my good friends. Two days of exams, a day to pack and then Thursday it's off to Essen to visit my lovely German family.


Then finally home for Christmas.


Stay tuned for a recap of my last month, as well as some Christmas links and travel tips!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment