12 January 2015

Setting Up for a New Semester

I can't believe that some people have already started their semester!  I don't start until January 26th but I'm definitely starting to prepare already.





1// Order Books: There are a lot of options out there, so right away start comparing prices. Create a spread sheet if you're really looking at saving money and compare prices. Normally my biggest decision is whether or not I will be renting books!



2// School Supplies: Go through all of your college supplies and refill what needs to be refilled. The last thing you want to be doing is making a midnight Target run for important study or project supplies.

3// Identify known semester long projects or non-school deadlines: For me this means applying for scholarships and summer internships. You may have a senior thesis or another project. I would look at getting everything together or even starting ahead of time.

4// Organize your living space: After a long time away from school things tend to get a little out of place, especially since finals are generally a hectic time in every aspect of college life.

5// Create a Schedule for yourself: I create mine in excel, but you can do an old fashioned paper schedule too. I schedule group meetings and times to exercise. I have about 4 copies of it, and it's honestly a life saver.
This a potential schedule, don't worry!


If you're looking for more ways to prep for your semester, check out other posts, Tips for a Successful Semester and  New Semester Prep.

What do you do before a new semester?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment